This area offers a wide range of continuously updated news regarding both academic and cultural events together with academic calls and study programs
Venue: Bristol (UK)
Period: Aug. 1, 2012 - Jul. 31, 2014
Application deadline: Apr. 20, 2012
The appointee should have expertise in the Russian field in one or more of the following disciplines: linguistics, sociolinguistics, social history, political history, cultural history.
Essential requirements include:
• Research specialisation in one of the following areas: sociolinguistics, the history of the Russian language, pre-revolutionary Russian social, cultural, literary, political or intellectual history;
• Evidence of participation in academic events;
• Excellent reading knowledge of Russian and French;
• If not a native speaker of English, then near-native fluency in English;
• A completed PhD thesis in some area of Russian studies;
• Ability to work well with colleagues and contribute to a positive working environment in a small close-knit research team;
• Ability to organise academic events associated with the research project;
• Willingness to take an equal share of all academic and administrative burdens;
• Willingness to be based in Bristol except during research trips and holidays.
For more information on the research project, please visit the following page: http://www.bris.ac.uk/arts/research/french-in-russia/
Please complete the application form online or download a copy from our web site at www.bris.ac.uk/jobs. To access the online and downloadable versions of the form simply enter the vacancy reference number in the search facility. Alternatively if you have received an application pack, please complete and return the enclosed application form in the envelope provided.
Short-listing will take place in the week beginning Monday 23 April 2012. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Monday 30 April 2012 that they are being invited to interview. Selection will be by presentation and interview on Friday 18 May 2012.
Prof. Derek Offord
University of Bristol - Department of Russian Studies
address: 17 Woodland Road
Bristol BS8 1TE, United Kingdom